The type of business, the value of the items you have at your business site and the location will help you decide what measures are necessary.
One of your first considerations is external theft, which is committed by someone who does not work for your business.
Creating an effective theft prevention plan is one of the most important things you can do to protect your business. A theft prevention plan helps you assess potential risks and create a theft prevention strategy. It can also be used as a tool for training your employees. If you operate a retail business your security needs are specific and should include fraudulent returns, customer shoplifting and break in.
Tips for preventing external theft:
- Provide excellent customer service. Attentive and helpful employees encourage legitimate customers and deter shoplifters.
- Minimize blind spots and ensure that all parts of the store can be easily seen. Security mirrors and surveillance cameras allow your employees to monitor the premises and send a signal to potential shoplifters that they are being watched.
- Keep track of your inventory and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Keep security in mind when making bank deposits. Make deposits during the day and vary the deposit time and the route you take to get to the bank.
- Consider installing a security system.
Security cameras are a great way to provide security for your home or workplace. As well as providing you with video footage of any events which may happen, they also act as a visible deterrent to criminals.
Security Guard. Many businesses still use the services of a guard but this can and would depend on your location and what you are willing to spend for the presence of a guard.
Security Company: Engaging the services of a reliable security company could be your best bang for the buck. These companies are able to provide video surveillance and access control.
“Be sure to check prices and/or get quotes as there are many options available in today’s marketplace.”